15 October 2009

Metal music

Sometimes I write metal music and record my creations. This is one of those times!

I thought human implantation would be a brutal topic for a metal song, so I wrote one.

wetware
lyrics

I love my cry-baby wah wah pedal. Also thanks to the audacity and hydrogen teams. Go go GNU power!

Enjoy :)

EDIT: This song has been described as a coming together of Ian Curtis, Killing Joke, Machine Head, Muse and the Pet Shop Boys. Is this complimentary?

Anyway, this mix is intended for big bass systems or good head-phones. I mix not the bass for shitty laptop speakers.

It's quite strange I find actually - if the bass is loud it sounds great on laptops, but overwhelming on stereos. So for more macho systems, the song needs to be more of a pussy as regards bass. I'm sure there's a paradox in there somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. this might be narcissistic, but did i perhaps have something to do with the inspiration for the lyrics?

    pass the scalpel indeed, my friend. fucking good track.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you did, a little bit :)
    Thankyou also, it makes me happy when people enjoy my music. Maybe I should set up a band sometime...

    ReplyDelete