6 September 2010

carps is nearly done

carps is very nearly done: tonight I shall just about polish it off. Then I have to write a user manual (with snm ;) and find some time to test it properly over the Internet with a friend. I'm happy because I've basically done the hard bits :)

I'm hoping it might get more developer support and users than my other projects - all written in Haskell - because it's written in a more popular programming language - ruby.

Also, since carps is winding down, I'm taking on another project - a technically minded body modifcation wiki: for discussing electronic implants and such. I'm thinking about trying out CLiki, because it looks cool and I've been wanting to learn lisp.

The reason that we need such a thing is because a bit of a community built around lepht's blog - that links to a post about poetry that uh, I instigated into becoming a discussion on implants. I guess I feel guilty! But it would be good to have a better forum for this.

First I will attempt to set up basic wiki functionality - with little metawiki content, because as a group, at the moment, there is only one project we're working on.

Then, since it sounds very useful, I want to write another page (or whatnot) that functions as a circuit diagram editor. This is actually MUCH easier than it sounds, because of the existence of the joint diagramming library, which I've used before and found to be stable, easy to use, easy to write plugins for and generally shiny.

Then I want to write another page (or whatnot) so that we could have a competition to create a nice style sheet for the wiki. If you're reading this, you can probably tell I'm not a CSS expert!

That would probably do it, as long as everyone is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment