8 September 2010

JOrbit

I finished my last software engineering assignment today, and I needed to relax, so I wrotekludged a little Orbit clone.

I used to love that game, so this afternoon I murdered it ;)

To the best of my knowledge it only works on firefox! It does _not_ work on IE or opera. And it has only been tested on firefox3.6 on windows and ubuntu (I don't have my cable on me to check with latest on gentoo)

It's also full of bugs. How many can you find?!

Instructions:

Attempt to hit the target
Move the mouse to aim
Press the left mouse button to charge
Watch the force meter!
Let go to fire
If you get an impossible level just refresh

If you want to see the code, there's the development repository

It's a total hack but I'm still pleased because:

It's written entirely in javascript! I use raphael for rendering and jquery for lots of things

It has proper physics, with gravity and everyfink

I wrote it in an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment