16 January 2010

reading philosophy in the pub

I have refreshed myself in the company of people from Elgin. Three things happened:
A lady (who was be-boyfriended) came and sat next to me, so I gave her a look until she went away.

Also I read Nietzsche in the pub, and decided that the same argument that Nietzsche uses against the logical approach used by Spinoza in his 'Ethics' is well applicable to Sartre's 'Being and Nothingness' - the rub being that it is not merely his theory of man, but a vehicle by which Sartre pushes his own emotional agenda, one of insecurity, one where a man requires a large ontology - a false model by which one can understand or misunderstand reality - to give us what a child knows - that people walk, do and be! When the truth is stripped away like I have done here then what benefit does his philosophy give to us?!
(tbh I quite it like, I think it's a good read)

Thirdly, some idiot children attempted to board the bus in hopeman, and were turned away because one had an opened crate of beer, another asked the bus driver for blow-job while holding a pint in a glass, while a third and fourth smoked cigarettes on the bus.

Would that I was quicker freeing some mobile phone memory, I would have captured it in video format. Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment